LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   26 August 2015

Can i marry my father's brother's wife's sister's daughter

I am in love with a girl who is my father's brother's wife's sister's daughter she also love me a lot can i marry her we both are hindu and one more thing my father's brother's wife is not blood related to me... ... . Pls reply pls pls

Learning

9 Replies

SURESH (Hardware Engg)     26 August 2015

not mentioned the religion but if hindu then yes as not violating rule in blood relation as is in hindu law. pl get confirm. This is my opinion.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 August 2015

AS PER YOUR QUERY, THE RELATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE GIRL COMES "SISTER" AND HENCE IT VIOLATES HINDU LAW AND THAT MARRIAGE WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNDER HINDU MARRIAGE ACT.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     27 August 2015

Mr. Rajesh is right.

Vijay   27 August 2015

Thank you for all your replies.... s i am a hindu brahmin

Vijay   27 August 2015

If any one from family opposes can i approach to court as i have not violated any rule will court help us to marry each other

Vijay   27 August 2015

Also can anyone explain the sapinda relationship as i want to explain to my parents that we are not brother and sister

niranjan (civil practice)     27 August 2015

Yes,no blood relation betweeen boy and girl,so theycan marry.

sanku saha   28 December 2022

Hey vijay i am in same situation... Can i marry her? 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2022

already replied

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/can-i-marry-my-father-s-brother-s-wife-s-sister-s-daughter-as-per-hindu-marriage-act-227526.asp

does not appear to be prohibited degree. Gorta of parental & maternal grandfather& grandmother should have nothing in common . As sister of the said girl is already married in the clan so there appears to be prima-facie no objection as apparently you are not sharing bloodline.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register