LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Garg   18 August 2019

Can i claim or not??

I am the only child of my parents; I am adopted since my birth. My mother was 4 sisters and 3 brothers lived in a house owned by my maternal grandfather; she died in 2007; my father married a lady, and she had a son. My father died in 2017, lady left with her son and took `15, 00,000 from us after my father's death. Now, the house which was left by my maternal grandfather is about to sale (my maternal grandparents died before my birth). My relatives are sharing its value in 6; Whether I can claim my share or not? How can I claim it? What would be the procedure for this? What are the documents required?

Learning

4 Replies

g isaac (Lawyer)     18 August 2019

From the given facts, you are entitled for share as legal heir.Stake your claim.

Shubham Garg   18 August 2019

thank you Sir,

what procedure sgould we proceed?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 August 2019

1.  You claim ONLY "IF" you can documentarily prove your adoption documents conducted by following due procedure of law.  File your claim in the local Civil Court, by filing civil suit for claim & declaration, thru a local Property lawyer.  You would have to serve a legal notice to the other claimants, for your share and only when they refuse, then you can file the civil claim.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Shubham Garg   19 August 2019

Thank You Sir, I can proove my adoption documentarily.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register