Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir   03 April 2017

Can i apply for a divorce?

Hello,

I got married in Goa 5 year back wherein there was regitration with the civil registrar first and then traditional style marriage. I am a Goan but my wife is not a Goan. I am now living in Pune. I am facing a lot of problem in living with my partner due to various issues (not allowed to meet my mother, harassament, etc). I wanted to know if I can file for divorce as per Goan family law.

Since Goan family law (adopted from Portuguese)  is different from rest of India, it would be helpful if someone familiar with family law of Goa could reply.

Regards,

Samir

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     03 April 2017

Its not clear to me if u are a Hindu / Christian / Muslim etc. under what religious faith have u married? Is there a separate Goan Family law? I am not aware. Was ur marriage supported by both the families? or run away N marry type? was it under  Special Mrg Act? Consult a local lawyer who can analyse ur issue better. Since u married on ur choice, before shattering it, try to discuss with her & resolve. Legal & court shd be ur last resort. All the best-------Adv Ram Prasad, Cell: +91-91777-22930

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register