Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit shinde (na)     18 August 2013

Can girls sale fathers property

Hi,

My father have 2 sisters. As per my grandma's will our home belongs to my dad, However, my aunt's want to sale this house and distribute money in 3 parts.

My father and my family are living in this place from birth and we are not willing to sale this house.

as per new law girls have same rights as boy's.. so can my aunt's force my dad to sale this property?

If we need to settle this what are the options? 

Learning

2 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     18 August 2013

your grand mother executed will and bequeathed house property to your father he became absolute owner if house property is self acquired property of your grand mother. If house property is not self acquired property of your grand mother your father 2 sisters can question will in the court to get their share in the house property.

amit shinde (na)     19 August 2013

Hi.

Thank you for looking into this.

House was purchased by my grandfather and it was transferred to my grandma after grandfathers death.

Will is not registered, will is made on co.op soc letterhead signed by my grandma and  2 witness (society chairman and neighbour). 

1. My concern is can they force us to sale this house as we live here and not willing to sale(emotional values).

2. My grandma's signed paper could help us in any way?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register