Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin   21 October 2016

Can employer earn money from students?

Hello,

I think my employer(Big company) is doing fax fraud of more than 30 crores/year. 

My employer is offering scholarship under skill development programs of CSR (corporate social responsibility). This program is notified by the board and So, I think they are claiming 100% tax benefit under section 35CCD?

All the students to whom scholarships are offered in the above program, are made to work in employer's different offices and their work is billed to clients. Clients are wrongly informed that these students are employees of the company and so, they aren't aware of paying bills to student efforts and not employers efforts. Students are given a valid employee ID and we are made to sign even NDA(non-dicsolosure agreemnt) by clients showing us as employee. Our studies happen only on saturday/sunday and we are made to work 5 days a week like a normal employee but still, we are not given any employee benefits. If we leave the 4 years course in between, they don't even give us an experience certificate with an excuse that we are students and hence, cannot ask for experience certificate.

Is earning revenues from students legal? Isn't this tax evasion as students, to whom scholarship were offered, are shown as employees of the company, to earn money from clients? Can professional tax be deducted from student schoalrship amount?

Please respond 

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 October 2016

Attach the ID cards, bills, NDA (non-dicsolosure agreemnt), evidence of work perfromed by students/employees, classes attended/course details....................etc etc  

Attach the ID cards, bills, NDA (non-dicsolosure agreemnt), evidence of work perfromed by students/employees, classes attended/course details....................etc etc  

sachin   21 October 2016

Before i share my confidential data, I would like to now if what they are doing is illegal or not and the employer can make students, to whom schoalrship was offered, work as employees and earn money from them

I have all the proof to show what I am saying is true

That is why you have been asked to attach.

It is same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=143488&offset=0

But facts differ.

sachin   21 October 2016

Employer has sent me a non-discolosure agreement asking me to not disclose any information anywhere. So, I would like to know my legal options without diclosing any proof here. Kindly advise if you can

What does non-discolosure agreement agreement contain?

If your legitimate rights are infringed then you can show everything to your counsel for opinion.

Prefer to show evertyhing to your own counsel specializing in Labor/service matters.

sachin   26 October 2016

It says not to share any information with clients, other companies, suppliers etc. But I have not signed it. Considering me as a student, They are not giving me experience certificate and degree. Can I go to labour court in another city as I am living in another city now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register