Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can daughters claim share in dead father's (1997) property if father wrote will of last property in his son's name but died intestate for second property ?

Father wrote will of one property dividing in 2 half among two of his sons and clearly mentioning that my daughter's are married now and have no claim in property. That property due to some reasons was sold by consent of two willed sons of his and bought new registered by father in his own name. Father died in 1997 , leaving no will as such for the new property. Now,
1) Can the daughters claim share in this property after 21 years ?
2) Would the last will intention clearly mentioning my daughters cannot claim anything in property a valid intention?
3) Do the daughters need to be informed in this case to get their sign done for formalities to change the registry in the two son's name , or can the son's directly approach registry's office ?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2019

This is the second version of your earlier query on the same issue.  Please contact the local advocate, with those persons that advised you that you are entitled for share in your maternal grandfather's property, with all such documents.  That is the only guidance that can be given by the forum.

(Guest)
Facts and situations were different.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 August 2019

No meaningful suggestion is possible when you are playing hide and seek with this forum as well the facts.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 August 2019

No meaningful suggestion is possible when you are playing hide and seek with this forum as well the facts.

(Guest)
Sir, you didn't provide me any meaningful suggestion either on the facts provided rather than just passing a swift remark. I am not here to argue but for a discussion on a legal position. Hope you'll read the facts again and try to get it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register