Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deeplata   05 July 2016

Can ccl be denied due to shortage of staff?

Dear Sir/Madam

I am working as a lecturer in an autonomous Institute Governed By Government of NCT of Delhi for 4and 1/2 Years.I have availed the maternity leave and joined back the office as per the rules.But my baby is only 4 and half months old and he had a premature birth. Since i had been feeding my baby till date as advised by doctor considering his medical condition and proper growth, I have requested my employer for a 1 month Child care leave until my baby turns 6 months atleast.But I was denied for CCL stating there is a shortage of staff. I was also denied a short leave (2Hours) for breastfeeding my baby at home.

I request you to please guide me if there any clause for the denial of CCL under these circumstances.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2016

Download and go the the leave rules, verbatim.

Normally such leave is granted.

Leave is subject to approval.

Nursing breaks are provided for in the Act/rules. 

The employer may have to provide for Creche.Go thru the applicable rules.

It seems that the authority has not agreed with your option to go home to nurse the baby.

If possible post the link to applicable rules or attach the rules.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 July 2016

If a woman is unable to do her job because of a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth, the employer must treat her the same way as it treats any other temporarily disabled employee, by reasonably accommodating her condition.Please watch the rules carefully.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2016

Not able to agree with Mr Ramachary.  CCL can be denied just like any non-medical leave.

I hve come across one lady wife of an Ortho Surgeon atending her duties with plastered leg as deptt denied leave crucial result days

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register