Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh   20 October 2017

Can be cancel gift deed by father in tamilnadu?.

I have two brother and one sister with my family. last three years back, My father gave me two part of land gift deed. which has properly registered and all members  singned in sub register office.  I given unregisterd documnet for 15 lak to my sister for three years, now it is expired.  She asking me to register a part of land on her name for an register agreement, but now one part of land docuemnt under loan mortgate.. in that case my father or my family member can cancel my gift deed with out my knowledge ?

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Without knowledge, it can not be canceled, but father transferring property by way of Gift deed can be canceled. This can be done using Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 

IN this act provision is that irrespective of which deed etc Parents does in favor of children or legal heir, and if they don't take their care properly and if they move under that act then all things can be canceled and it can go back to parents and senior citizen. 

So you need to take care of parents and also their feelings (Remeber if they get annoyed remeber they have this tool in hand) 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     20 October 2017

Once a gift is made then the same cannot be cancelled.

Suresh   20 October 2017

Is there original documents required for cancellation of gof this deed?

(Guest)

Without original Gift deed, the court can pass the order of cancellation of the deed . 

Suresh   20 October 2017

I will take care of my parents. . but my sister and her brother only given problem to my father and mother... it's not conditional deed.. it's normal deed only.. my mother and father staying with me..but my brother and sister given more such problems. . in that case they can play roll in court..without my parents. thanks for your answer

(Guest)

Whether it is conditional deed or not conditional deed that Parents and senior citizen act of 2007 is very big tool in hands of parents when they transfer the property to children by making any deed.

Additionally as you said anyone can influence your parents additonally it came in my mind they can file case and say that you are forcing him and not allowing to approach court etc. (Such provsion are in that act , were well wisher of neglected person can move applicaiton also ) So at end you will succeed but headache for you can take place 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register