Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dulal Chandra Chakraborty (Proprietor)     15 February 2013

Can an auditor make revised tax audit report

Dear all esteemed members,

One of my very well known Chartered Accountant have submitted Tax Audit report for one of my clients within due date i.e. 30/09/2012 for the F.Y 2011-12. After that I came to know from my client that he is continuing another business which has been not disclosed to me at the time of original Tax Audit. Whether it is possible for him to prepare REVISED TAX AUDIT REPORT now? I have already computed the revised total taxable income of my client and also the revised tax liability. The differential tax amount has already being paid by my client and the revised Income Tax Return is also being prepared but not submitted. What shall be the date that he should put in the revised I.T.return in the column "DATE OF SIGNING OF TAX AUDIT REPORT"?

Please suggest me. Is there is any judgement in support of the above case?

Thanking you,

D.C.Chakraborty

Learning

1 Replies

M.V.GIRI (ADVOCATE & TAX CONSULTANT)     17 February 2013

you can not file revise tax audit report. In the report you are certifying that " I have verified the books of accounts". So you will by in default when you file the revised tax audit report

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register