Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guitar Boy (Student)     09 September 2009

Can a tenant apply for ownership if the Owner is Dead?

A Person has been a tenant of an URBAN VILLAGE LAND in Delhi since 1955. Regular rent was being paid to the Owner as per the Girdawari.

Now in todays date there is no sign of the owner / their heirs or anyone and the address stated in the records does not exist anymore.

In this case since the KABZA is with the Tenant since 1955, can the tenant by any way get the Ownership of the Land? All ideas are welcome.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

No.you can not claim. your thinking is illegal.

1 Like

Guitar Boy (Student)     09 September 2009

ok.. Sorry about that!

Well so the tenant can stay there as long as the owner /legal heirs dont come up and ask for eviction right?

(Guest)

Now good thinking. You can stay there as long as legal heirs ask you for eviction.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     09 September 2009

well replied Parkash ji.

1 Like

sudhi (dentist)     15 September 2009

hi we have given our two storied building for a school in 1980 but we did not made any agreement then for what period they can stay now we asked the management to vacate the building but they are reluctant can u please guide us how to proceed further

(Guest)

First lodge a complaint with District Educational office, Distrct Collector and Superintendent of Police. Later take a advice from learned advocate for eviction. 

(Guest)

My above answer is to Mr.Sudhi ji's queary.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 September 2009

Guitar Boy,

I do agree with Mr. Prakash. U can contact me 4 further querries at 09871158578/09711364956 

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     02 August 2010

A tenant is always a tenant and cannot get ownership but yuo can stay there as long as they do not turn up

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register