Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudarsanam   22 August 2017

Can a public interest litigation be filed against Anna University (Chennai)

Recently the Anna university(Chennai) had amended a clause in its regulation. In that, the minimum passing mark was earlier determined in a statistical method, but now 50% is mandated, in this case, students who were admitted in full time mode were not affected, but students who were admitted in part time mode are affected by this clause. Also, the clause states that "other grades will be decided by the faculty concerned" which gives unconditional rights to the faculty to award the degree as and how they wish to any student. i.e. If a student obtains 51% that student can be awarded with the highest grade and a student who scored even 95% can be awarded with a lowest grade. How such abnormalities can be tackled ? Is a PIL be a viable option ?

Learning

6 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     22 August 2017

better file writ petition in HC to challenge said illegal amendments made by Anna university in its regulations.

Sudarsanam   22 August 2017

Thank you sir... 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 August 2017

What kind of writ will it be?

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     24 August 2017

writ of Mandamus be filed in HC against Anna university.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 August 2017

As it would be a writ (1)not to things in the amended manner (2) but to do things as was done previously, will it be a writ of prohibition or a combination to writs of prohibition and  mandamus.  I am asking this purely academic, for my own understanding only.

Preeti Bhardwaj   12 December 2018

read article 14 , 226 or 32.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register