Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pravatkumarbehera   04 June 2017

Can a person file private complaint in magistrate court ?

Dear Sir,

I have divorce case running in Family court and no judgement till now. I got evidence that wife got married another person. They have done marriage registration recently but they have put marriage date prior to my marriage date. I went to sub-registrar office and got the certified marriage registration of them. The only evidence they have submitted for date of marriage is marriage invitation card which may be forged at any cyber cafe. 

I have filed a police complain on 10th May 2017 but Police has not taken any action and asked me to proceed the court.May i file a private complain in magistrate court when there is already a CSR complaint in police station.

Regards,

PK

Learning

2 Replies

Siva (Lead)     04 June 2017

Yes. you can go to court directly and give the private complait during the submission hours.. 

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     05 July 2017

Yes, you can approach the judicial magistrate of your district directly for filing a private complaint u/s 200 of the CrPC. Along with the complaint, make sure to carry all your documents (proof of your own marriage,) and a list of witnesses who can give affirmation/testify to the fact that the details of your complaint are accurate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register