LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaik babu   07 December 2015

Can a muslim mother can gift to his son in her life time reo

MY MOTHER ( MUSLIM) HAD A REGISTERED PROPERTY ON HER NAME . REGISTRED 20 YRS BACK , BROUGHT FROM THIRD PARTITY BY SALE DEED

NOW SHE IS HEALTHY

MY FATHER DIED 7 MONTHS BACK

AFTER MY FATHERS DEATH MY MOTHER DID GIFT DEED TO ME ( SON).THE PROPERTY ON HER NAME( SHE HAD REGISTERED SALE DEED BROGHT FROM OUT SIDERS ON HER NAME 20 YRS BACK)

NOW MY SISTERS ALREDY MARRIED AND SETTELED 25 YRS BACK

CLAIMING THAT , MY MOTHER HAD NO INDEPENDENT INCOME AND SHE BROUGHT THE PROPERTY WITH THE INCOME OF MY FATHER ( MY FATHER MAINTAINS A SMALL BUSINEE NO PROOFS FOR THE INCOME IN ANY FORM) HENCE THEY CLAIMING THE SHARE IN THE PROPERTY

PEPLEASE CALRIFY WETHER MY MOTHER HAS RIGHT TO DO GIFT DEED ON MY NAME AND IT IS VALID IN THE COURT OF LAW ( AS PER MUSLIM LAW)

Learning

2 Replies

Shreshta@ JA Beno AOR supreme (AOR supreme court of india )     07 December 2015

As you mentioned that there is no proof for the property purchassed with the income source of your father it is to be assumed that the property was purchased by your mother provided there should not be any statement in the deed by which means the property was purchased than your mother is having all the rights to convey the property to you by the way of settlement it is also to be considered that the easmant right is also lying with your mother. 

Cont-9891747782

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     21 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register