Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandkishor (Manager)     15 August 2018

Can I stop wife from entering my home?

Wife mentally ill. Cunning in nature.
Pretend to be ill and spends most of time in bed room, sleeping(acting). Doctors also, says "Nothing is happened. All metical check up reports are normal".
This illness is from last 15yrs. Taking treatment from psychiatrist and Govt Mental Hospital also.

This is creating disturbance in family. Other members get annoyed. Clashes begins.

Now, I have dropped her at her native place. She has lost her Mother & Father recently. She is the only child. Hence her nature is possessive, narrow minded. Now staying with her aunt from last 15days.

But, now she is calling me and threatening that she wants to come back again.
I am now not prepared to take her back.Rather don't want to take her back.

Please suggest me the way forward.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     15 August 2018

Dear querist,

1.      Your wife being your legitimate wife has legal and moral right to resides at your house.

2.      If you dnt want to live with her because of mental condition then you need to obtained divorce decree from competent court.

3.      Moreover if you have made your mind that you do not want to live with her Mutual Consent Divorcee will be better.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Nandkishor (Manager)     15 August 2018

Sir, thank you for the reply.
Mutual consent divorce, will be difficult.She will not agree for divorce as she is lonely.
If I don't allow her enter our house, will she go to Police Station and can lodge a complaint? Our marriage is 17yrs old. we live in a joint family (mother, elder bro & his wife and son ) We have one child age 11yrs.
What precautions I should take ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register