LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Korg   16 July 2018

Can I get back to my roots?

Hello there .I am Anaesthesiologist working in Navi Mumbai region of Maharashtra.
(Formally,I would like to explain :Anaesthesiology is a branch of Medicine that deals with reversible state of unconsciousness or insensibility for some or other therapeutic or diagnostic purpose .In short ,I am doctor of "Behoshi"as it is explained usually to patients .Though that oversimplification is little derogatory ,we accept it for its ease of explanations!)
My speciality deals with mainly peri-operative times for patient ,but it's scope iscexpanded in last two decades to diagnostic areas like CT scan Anaesthesia ,Emergency room management ,Intensive care area .
Due to its high risk nature ,I am oftentimes discouraged to keep practicing,though I enjoy my work.Another reason of discouragement is very poor remuneration to speciality in INDIA as compared to Surgical colleagues.In all western countries ,remunerations are at par or at least 80 percent that of Surgeons.Hee we get as less as 5 percent to maximum 30 percent even in so called corporate hospitals Plus the hospitals cut the charge called doctors hospital shares.
As a result ,despite high risk ,the speciality is looked upon as 'low profile,'by many including many Surgical colleagues.All this has made me rethink even after 10 years of practice TO GO BACK WHERE I WAS:GENERAL PRACTICE(G P)!Since so I am basic MBBS graduate I am still confident that I will practice GP successfully.
Only thing I am worried is what law says about it.I think ,law will allow me to get back there.I need sounds legal advice or at least references in law books.
And while starting my anaesthesia practice ,I have taken member ship of Assication of medical consultants ,in which I have given in writing that I will practice own speciality.So should I abolish that membership to free my self to practice GP ?
Waitingvfpr your opinion.

thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register