Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suhanaazmat (*)     16 November 2009

CONVERSION

Sir,

Please tell me If anybody convert from hindu to muslim, what are the legal formalities to change his name, identity?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 November 2009

----------------------------------------------------

Subject: Publication of advertisement by individuals in the Gazette of India,

Part IV regarding change of religion.

Dear Sir,

With reference to your letter No. ____________________________ dated _____________

on the subject cited above, I am to inform you that the person, who wants to get his notice for

change of religion published in the Gazette of India Part IV, has to comply with the following

formalities prior to publication of such advertisement:-

1. The individual concerned has to notify his change of religion in one of the local leading

newspaper and forward it in original to this Department along with other documents.

2. The individual concerned also has to make an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper duly

attested by a Ist class Magistrate / Notary Public / Oath Commissioner and forward the

same in original to this Department. In case of an Indian abroad, he / she shall submit

deed for change religion duly attested by the respective Indian Embassy / Indian High

Commission as the case may be, in original to this Department.

3. The individual concerned is also required to submit printing matter as prescribed in the

specimen at overleaf, completed in all respect by typing on separate paper and duly signed

by the individuals concerned as well as by two witnesses at the prescribed places in

duplicate (two copies). The pfoforma shall not be filled in by handwriting.

4. The cost of printing of the advertisement, including supply of one copy of the respective

Gazette by Registered Post, is Rs.1,100/-(Rupees One Thousand and One Hundred Only).

The amount shall be remitted in advance either by Bank Draft or Indian Postal Orders

drawn in favour of the Controller of Publications, Civil Lines, Delhi - 110 054. The extra

copies of the Gazette limited to maximum number upto 4 copies can be supplied on extra

payment of Rs.35/-(Rupees Thirty- five Only) per copy. The cost of printing for an Indian

abroad, is Rs.2,500/-(Rupees Two Thousand and Five Hundred Only) which includes Air

Mail Charges.

All the aforesaid documents, printing charges together with a forwarding letter should be

addressed to the Controller of Publications, Department of Publications, Civil Lines, Delhi - 110

054. The documents referred to above will not be returned in any case. All correspondence should

be one in old name. This Department reference should always be mentioned in all subsequent

correspondence.

PUBLIC NOTICE / SPECIMEN FORM FOR CHANGE OF RELIGION

No.: Advt.IV/

I, _________________________________________ son / daughter / wife of Shri

__________________________________________ employed as _________________________

in the __________________________________________________________________________

residing at ______________________________________________________________________

do hereby solemnly affirm and declare that I have embraced _____________________________

and renounced _________________________ with effect from ___________________ .

It is certified that I have complied with other legal requirements in this connection.

(SIGNATURE IN THE EXISTING NAME)

Not to be printed: -

Witness No. 1

Signature ___________________________ Full Name __________________________________

Address ________________________________________________________________________

Witness No. 2

Signature ___________________________ Full Name __________________________________

Address ________________________________________________________________________

ANURADHA (TAX CONSULTANT)     17 November 2009

Sir,

can i get journal on public interest litigation.

thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register