LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanuja Swamy (executive account)     30 March 2010

CHS-TRANSFER OF FLAT

Hi, my father had purchase a flat in the month of Oct. 2009, and as the seller who owns a second flat in other building in the same society wished to retain the stilt parking lot with him. In original agreement of the seller with the builder there is a mention of the parking lot. We submitted our agreement for transfer of flat to the society in the month of Nov 2009. The seller submitted a separate agreement (sale of parking lot from his son's name to his name) for transfer of the stilt parking lot to the society.

The society has raising an objection to the transfer saying that the parking cannot be retained by the seller(who is also the member of the same society), the transfer of flat should be alongwith the parking only. The are advising us to rectify our agreement to include the parking lot and we either buy the parking lot or under mutual understanding between us the seller retains the parking lot.

It is almost 4 months and the society refuses to talk to us / or update us of the status of the transfer. Also now they have refused to accept the maintanance chq from us. The seller is asking us to give him cash so that he can give a chq to the society for the maintanance.

Kindly guide urgently as I am under tremendous stress my father has got detected with heart problems and I am concern about his health

Tanuja

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     30 March 2010

The society is perfectly correct in this matter. A person cannot sell a Flat without selling the parking lot allotted

along with the Flat together and deal with it the way he likes it. Hence comply with the society's demand. In case the seller now needs a reasonable consideration for the parking, pay and get this done.

Vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register