LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abc (abc)     12 August 2014

Buying property in tamilnadu,what to look for

hello, when buying a flat from builder or a individual house..what are the documents to look for. ..

as far as the info i had gathered- it is...1. sale agreement ,2.sale deed ,3.parent documents -what exactly is this 4.sketch/plan patta 5. EC and what else especially if i am going for a bank loan with nationalized banks..will the above suffice.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 August 2014

ok it's sufficient in my opinion.

Dr R SHANMUGA SUNDARAMM (Advocate)     12 August 2014

If you are buying any individual house or Land, you have to look for the following Records

Sale Agreement:-     If you are entering in to agreement, the agreement should be registered in Sub Registrar office. From Dec 2012, per Tamil Nadu Government Order, only registered agreement will be valid.

Sale Deed & Parent Document:-      You have to verify previous Sale Deeds. Also confirm the property is Ancestral Property or Self Acquired property. If it is Ancestral Property, please double check, the settlement has made properly and all the legal successors have signed in the settlement deed etc… Parent Document is List of all previous original sale deed.

Embracement Certificate:-        Apply EC for at least 30 years and confirm the Sale entry with Survey Numbers, double check for the same survey number, various sale deed has been registered.

Revenue Records:-       Kindly ensure all the revenue records were in the sellers name. i.e., Patta, Chitta and etc..

If the property is self acquired no issues only the seller can sign, if it is Ancestral Property all the legal successors have to sign without fail. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register