Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shank (sse)     05 November 2012

Builder changed - please help

Dear Experts, 

Need your advice !

I have bought a flat few months back  from builder which has 3 partners. Now two partners are out and the project is only with one of the partner. I have below queries, will appreciate if someone can answers- 

1. The  left partner has changed  site name ( may be to avoid conflict), all new projects are listed under the site  but the old project is still under him and not listed in site yet . He has made the new website but the old project is still not listed there and claims that it will soon be listed ....

~ Should the payment go to old builder name or new builder name 

~  Please guide if we have to take any legal formalities here ..

Thanks for your helP!

Thanks and Regrads

Shank

Learning

2 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     05 November 2012

If you have purchased a flat, then it must have been through a properly stamped and registered agreement. The agreement may have stated that the seller is a partnership firm by the name ..... and its heirs/assigns etc.

Please ask the builder person who is demanding payment for the project that he provide you a proper court certified letter/order that the responsibilities and authority to collect the payments and constructing the building is handed over to another partnership firm/company. Then make the payment accordingly if demanded and you feel that the demand is just and fair as per the original terms and conditions and you have received adequate benefits for the delay and other problems you may have faced.

S Jadhav

Shank (sse)     11 November 2012

Thanks a lot  Mr. S Jadhav .. Your help is much appreciated .. I have shared the details with other buyers and we will see how to follow your advice ! 

Thanks !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register