Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amibaig (abc)     27 May 2010

Brother's property dispute

Hi, I urgently need suggestions. here is the background

Three brothers bought a house. and the house is in the name of three brothers. three got married. after long time, one brother died and he left a will that his share will be inherited to his wife. After sometime another brother died and he did not leave any will. he also has a wife and a young daughter.

Please let me know if accordiing to law, is the brother who is alive also has some share in his brother's property(the one who died without leaving any will) or the whole share goes to wife and daughter? also married sisters also have share in this property????

any advice is of much help.

thanks

Learning

8 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 May 2010

wife and doughter will get all property.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     27 May 2010

i agree with mr patil sir

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     27 May 2010

All the three brothers legal heirs will receive their consecutive share.

1 Like

amibaig (abc)     27 May 2010

more feedback plz

niranjan (civil practice)     27 May 2010

Since the property was purchased jointly by three brothers,sisters cannot have any right in the property. Live brother and heirs of deceased brothers,all have equal share.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     27 May 2010

respective legal heirs i.e wife and children alone can get share as they are Class I heirs.

In the absence if Class I heirs only property devolve into brothers

amibaig (abc)     28 May 2010

??

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     28 May 2010

BUT GANESHAN SIR ,HERE PROPERTY IS NOT PURCHASED BY THERE FATHER ,IF CLASS-1 HEIRS ( MOTHER, SON ,DAUGHTER HAVE ALSO A SHARE IN THE PROPERTY )

BUT HERE PROPERTY IS PURCHASED BY THREE BROTHERS ,SO THE DAUGHTERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO CLAIM SHARE ON THIS PROPERTY .

IN THE PROPERTY BROTHERS LEGAL HEIRS (WIFE, SON DAUGHTER CAN CLAIM )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register