LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TrkpeTrk   05 February 2017

Bombay high court

I am the respondent in a civil case in bombay high court and planning to appear in person. WIll i have to face panel ? I had heard we need to face panel only if im petitoner

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 February 2017

A petitioner will have to face panel if he he has to appear as a petitioner. Here I'm giving the meaning of panel and when it is constituted borrowed from free online Dictionary.

A list of jurors to serve in a particular court or for the trial of a designated action. A group of judges of a lesser number than the entire court convened to decide a case, such as when a nine-member appellate court divides into three, three-member groups, and each group hears and decides cases. A plan in reference to prepaid legal services.

The term open-panel legal services refers to a plan in which legal services are paid for in advance, usually by insurance, but in which members can select their own lawyers. Under a closed panel, all legal services are rendered by a group of attorneys previously chosen by the insurer, the union, or another entity.If you  appreciate this answer please give me a like on my profile.

TrkpeTrk   06 February 2017

Thanks Sachin

Its written

In case a Party, who wishes to defend his matter/proceedings in person as
respondent/opponent, the Court may direct such party to appear before the above
committee and the above Committee shall ensure and certify that such person is
'Competent' to assist the Court in person.

So I will wait for court to do that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register