Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Gupta (Manager)     19 December 2015

Bogus ration cards

Sir,

I have sent a complaint to commissioner consumer affair dept. food and supply about a family having two ration cards. They are also using both of the ration cards from many years to take benifit of BPL facilities whereas family was not even eligible for BPL card.

Also in the old card they have not informed the department about two of the family members who were died several years back and continued to take ration under this card.

I have sent this complaint alongwith all the evidences. 

What action consumer affair dept. is bound to take in such complaints and what I can do if dept. does not initiate any action.   

Thanks and Regards,

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 December 2015

I have made several complaints in the past where a person whose sales are Rs.1,50,000/- per day, and a leading advocating stating himself as "Cooly" obtained cards.  They have simply replied that those cards stand deleted.

They can not take any action, as such cards are thousands in numbers and it is not possible to make complaints and follow them up with inadequate staff.

Sandeep Gupta (Manager)     19 December 2015

Thanks for your reply Sir,

In case department do not take any action can I directly file a case because under Essential_Commodity_Act_1955 I think it is mentioned that only Public Servent can file the complaint.

Please clarify.

Regards 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 December 2015

If you have Lokayukt, try to file complaint in Loaykta, they have separate procedure and search in website for that procedure.

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     24 December 2015

The same famly having two ration cards is an offence under the Essential Commodities Act 1955.  People's Union for Civil Liberties have filed a law suit in Supreme Court in a similar matter.  In this connection, the Government of India directions on bogus ratin cards is appended hereunder:-

Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
20-September-2010 13:31 IST
Surrender Bogus Ration Cards or Face Criminal Prosecution: Warns Food Ministry
Warning Issued in Pursuance of Supreme Court Directions

While hearing Writ Petition (Civil) No. 196 of 2001, People’s Union for Civil Liberties V/s Union of India & Ors. on 31.08.2010, the Hon’ble Supreme Court has directed that a warning be issued asking all the bogus card holders to surrender the bogus cards forthwith, in any event, within two weeks of the date of advertisement, otherwise criminal prosecution may be initiated against the bogus card holders.

Public Distribution System (Control) Order, 2001 mandates State/UT Governments to carry out all required action to ensure smooth functioning of Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS).  Besides, in order to streamline the functioning of TPDS, a 9-point Action Plan is under implementation by States/Union Territory (UT) Governments since July, 2006.  As part of this action plan, State and UT Governments have been advised to continuously review lists of Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Antyodaya Anna Yojna (AAY) families to eliminate bogus ration cards and issue ration cards to eligible families.  Instructions have also been issued to all State/UT Governments on 26.08.2009 and 05.10.2009 to carry out an intensive campaign to eliminate ineligible/bogus ration cards and units contained therein and to take action as per law against the persons found in possession of bogus/fake ration cards and those responsible for issuing ration cards to ineligible families/persons.

In the context of the Hon’ble Supreme Court Order, Department of Food & Public Distribution vide letter dated 01.09.2010 has also impressed upon Principal Secretary/Secretary, Department of Food and Civil Supplies of all States/UTs to issue a Newspaper advertisement and take action as directed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.

In view of the forgoing, all the bogus/ineligible ration card holder families/persons are hereby warned to surrender the bogus ration cards possessed by them under the Targeted Public Distribution System/Public Distribution System to the concerned authorities of the respective State/UT Governments forthwith, otherwise criminal prosecution shall be initiated against them by the concerned authorities in the States/UTs under relevant provisions of the law.

Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, (Deptt. of Food & PD)

New Delhi, September  20, 2010, Bhadrapada 29, 1932

MP:SB:CP: foodstock (pressnote

Sandeep Gupta (Manager)     24 December 2015

Thanks For your Reply. I have already filed a complaint with the above order attached with the complaint. Athority is no where interested to take any action. They have just cancelled one ration card. What is the next step for me?

This family was not even eligible for the BPL card whereas they were holding the two tation cards as well as widrawing the ration on both and also on the name of the other family members who died several years back. 

We are defenately not paying our tax for such schemes where such families are enjoying the benifits.   

Thanks once again.

Regards

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     24 December 2015

File a suit.

Sandeep Gupta (Manager)     26 December 2015

Thanks once again for the reply. Should I file a case against the depatment for not taking any action in accordance with the law or it will be against the family because according to the the Essential Commodities Act 1995 only Govt official can file such FIR or case. I am not sure if I am right in my understanding.

Regards

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2015

A complaint with the food cell and an escalation to the secretary of the concerned ministry shall be the next action on it.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register