Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandhan   18 January 2016

Birth certificate

Hi,

I was born on 05-Sep-1985 @Tambaram Sanatorium @home. Then i grown and completed my studies @Ayanavaram. I don't have birth certificate now.

Kindly let me know the procedures to get Birth Certificate.

Regards,

Anandhan.S

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 January 2016

Procedure will be a bit complicated. First, apply for copy of the birth certificate with the Panchayat. If the birth is not registered, Panchayat will issue an endorsement or reply to your application, expressing their inability, since no such birth is found recorded in the register. 
Then you have to file an original suit at the Munsif's court, against the Panchayat praying for a direction to the Panchayat to register your birth and issue a certificate. For this lawyer's assistance will be required. The pleadings are to be drafted properly. 
Court will admit the case and order issue of notice to the defendant (the Panchayat). If you want to expedite, you have to see that the notice is prepared at the office of the court quite fast and served on the defendant through court amin (process server), without delay. 
On the date of hearing a government advocate will appear on behalf of the Panchayat and file a writtenstatement from the defendant, that day or on the next date of hearing. Then you have to lead evidence by filing affidavits prepared by your lawyer and signed by your parent(s) or in their absence, any elderly blood relation, who knew your birth. A perfunctory cross examination will be done by the government advocate and after hearing arguments of both sides, if any, the court would pronounce the orders, allowing the suit, in normal circumstances. 
Your lawyer will obtain the certified copy of the order of the court anf furnish the same to you. 
With this court order, you have to make application with fee, to the Panchayat again for registering your birth and issue a certificate. 
The normal time of court proceedings depens on the workload of the court. But a simple case like this, with an energetic lawyer, would get disposed off in four to six months. Lawyer's fee is variable but at a Taluk place this may be around Rs.3000 to Rs.5000. 
There is no short cut. 
Such registration is possible only at the place of birth, and it is always better to adhere to truth. 
Visit to court is only once or twice, by the witnesses filing affidavit and for cross examination. Court fee is nominal.

Kirananshu   20 January 2016

Hello, Can anyone provide me the procedures for the correction of the DOB in the birth certificate. My child was born on 25th June 2015 (3:45 AM) but incorrectly updated as 24th of June 2015 in the birth certificate by mistake. I have the hospital discharge certificate along with the immunization card issued from the hospital with the correct DOB. Please help. Thanks and regards, Kirananshu Contact: 9243800765/ 8050767440 (kirananshu.c@gmail.com)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register