LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAYANMONI   24 August 2016

Banking atrocity

HOW TO TAKE LEGAL STEP AGAINST A BANK MANAGER IF HE ARBITARILY DEPRIVES A CUSTOMER OF HIS RIGHT TO GET FINANCIAL ASSISTENCE UNDER VARIOUS GOVT OF INDIA SPONSORED SCHEMES LIKE CGTMSE,PMMY,PMEGP,PRIORITY SECTOR ETC?

Learning

13 Replies

Tuhin Batra (Advocate)     25 August 2016

Proper legal steps would incude writing an application/request letter to the manager asking for financial assistance under the scheme[s] and taking a proper receipt of the same thereby also demanding a reply with reasons to deny your application if any. Second step would be making another request to the superior bank officials and then if nothing happens then taking all the written communications before the concerned high court in the form of a writ petition. Regards Tuhin Batra Advocate Delhi High Court +91 9654838120 tuhinbatra@gmail.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 August 2016

All the banks have their own system of addressing public grievance. Information as to the higher authorities to be contacted are prominantly displayed in the Bank premises. In addition, you have the option of appraching the Banking Ombudsman. Moreover, implementation of Government schmes are closely monitiored by the District Collector.

Proper representation of such grievances require that you should be in the know of relevant and material information. In case of a public sector bank, such information could be obtained under the RTI Act.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     25 August 2016

I agree with P.Venu Advocate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 August 2016

I too concur with Mr.Venu.

Trnsact in writing under proper acknowledgment.

vasant kulkarni (DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER)     25 August 2016

REMEMBER THAT AVAILING LOAN IS NOT YOUR RIGHT.YOU CAN NOT ENFORCE IT.HOWEVER YOU CAN PERSUE OTHER REMEDIES TO EXPEDIATE THE MATTER AND GET REPLY FROM THE BANK/RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.AFTERALL BANK IS NOT THE OWNER OF THE MONEY.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 August 2016

Sanctioning of a loan is at discretion of the official that is having such powers, and it was never a right of the borrowr.  If the borrower thinks that he deserves the loan, but the concerned manager is not sanctioning the amount, he can report the matter to NODAL Officer implementing the scheme, and the NODAL officer will recommend the case to some other Bank.

(Banking Ombudsman etc., are only for deficiency of services and all govt programme rejection has to be made only by a the official superior to sanctioning authority)

amiteshkumar   27 August 2016

Getting a loan is not your right at all.please clear this misconception of yours and you won't have any complaint.please go through the NPA figures of PSB banks in india and mostly are govt sponsored schemes.Ask for reason of rejection of loan.

Getting a loan is not your right at all.please clear this misconception of yours and you won't have any complaint.please go through the NPA figures of PSB banks in india and mostly are govt sponsored schemes.Ask for reason of rejection of loan.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 August 2016

Thanks, Mr.Prasad for correcting me and providing valuable information.

NAYANMONI   13 September 2016

Originally posted by : vasant kulkarni

LISTEN DUDE, BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT YOU SHOULD STUDY THAT PARTICULAR SUBJECT SO THAT YOU CAN ACQUIRE ADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE ON THAT SUBJECT...MY QUESTION BASED ON RBI GUIDELINES AND BCSBI CODE WHERE AN INDIAN CITIZEN CAN GET VARIOUS FINANCIAL ASSISTENCE FROM BANK WHICH CORRUPT BANK OFFICIALS ACTUALLY HIDE FROM ITS CUSTOMERS..

NAYANMONI   13 September 2016

Originally posted by : amiteshkumar
Dude, which bank do you represent? you seem to be a funky little dudu pigeon by posting a reply without any prior knowledge about RBI GUIDELINES and BCSBI code.i wonder if you EVER heard of schemes like CGTMSE,PMMY,PRIORITY SECTOR etc..which have been introduced by govt of india and RBI ITSELF..you are talking about NON PERFORMING ASSET...Dude, tell me big borrowers like USHA ISPAT, LLOYD STEELS, HINDUSTAN CABLES, ZOOM DEVELOPERS, PRAKASH INDUSTRIES run under which GOI schemes? not to talk about infamous Vijay mallya..

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     15 September 2016

nothing to add

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register