LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Sharma   24 September 2019

Bank refused Court Affidavit

Respected experts, My late father invested some amount in the Golden Forests in my sister's nick name Miss Mani long back. Now after so many years she has received a cheque for Rs 2100 in the name Miss Mani. She holds a bank account in her actual name of Miss Manasri. She went to her bank to deposit the cheque with a Court Affidavit sworn by her that Miss Mani and Miss Manasri is same and one person. The bank manager straight way refused to accept the cheque and the Court Affidavit. Kindly inform as to whether the bank manager was right in refusing the Court Affidavit? Kindly also inform what legal action can be taken if the manager was wrong. Regards.

Learning

1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 September 2019

Obviously dear this is not the procedure just by filing affidavit you cannot  claim the amount in differant name. you need to contact with the cheque issuing agency,they should issue the cheque in the name as recorded in your bank; You can ask them i.e the Golden Forests to issue the cheque in the full name, and if they need any procedure like filing of affodavit you can file it there. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register