LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niraj Saini (Senior Manger)     21 January 2010

Bank Settelement in LOK ADALAT

Yesterday I got a letter from my office reception that is from lok adalat for a bank loan settelment. Bank claimed Rs 32000 but the date they wanted me to appear was already gone i.e. I got this letter late by 25 days (Its my office reception guy's mistake). I did not receive any other legal notice yet.

I am Ready to pay the settelement amount but I am worried as the date is gone. This is the first time I am handling any legal thing.

Please help me and give me your suggestions that what I have to do now.

Learning

10 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     22 January 2010

You can put your case in the Next Lok Adalat.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     23 January 2010

You need not get anxiety.The  adalat is amenable to clients and parties as the aim is to bring about amicable settlement. You can explain your stand in the next chance.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     24 January 2010

Lok Adalats are commonly held perodically at least once in a month. You may produce the notice/ letter in the next one. If a permanent Lok Adalat is running there, you may approach it on any working day.

vijay sahni (LAW PROFESSIONAL )     25 January 2010

Dear Niraj, Relax, Lok adalat formation is to facilitate and negotiate on easy terms disputes between the two parties. If the letter of demand is for 32000/- you can get it settled for at least some where between 50 to 60% of this amount. The other party understands this and is prepared to negotiate for a minimum amount for settlement. find out when is the next Lok adalat of the bank, approach them & settle the dispute.

Niraj Saini (Senior Manger)     27 January 2010

Thank you all for your valueable comments...it will definately help me.......

I spoke to the HSBC Debt. Manager about the letter from lok adalat and the issue about loan settelement. They want me to pay minimum Rs 46000 in single shot for full and final settelement..... I am not in the condition to pay that much......

On the other hand they are forcing me to take decision ASAP coz they are saying that my case will go in right off from next month.... i believe they will forward it to the court.....

I am confused what to do.....should i go to (Patiyala Court) Lok Adalat this sunday with previous notice asking for another date....will they give me another date or not......will they settle the account below 46000.....

moushumi (0)     06 March 2010

Kindly help as I am being harrashed by ICICI Bank.I was jobless since 2008 and hence could not pay the Credit Card and Personal Loan Dues.I had requested the bank to give settlement for Credit Card and some time for the repayment of the Personal loan as my financial condition was not good.I have written many letters and have done many correspondences but Bank has not responded since December 2008.Now the bank is threatening to sue me in lokadalat and file a case against me.They have also sent legal notice to me and email mentioning that they shall file a case against me under section 405,406 and 420.
    Kindly help me as I am not much aware of legal procedures and the possible way to handle this situation and find a solution to the same.

Thanks&Regards,
Moushumi.Mukherjee

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     06 March 2010

Please do not worry about lok adalat, Lok Adalat is nothing but mere prceedings of settlement between parties. In lok adalat, the court shall try to come to a settlement between you and the bank. If the matter is settled in lok adalat, you a have to pay the amount which will be settled between you and the bank.

AJ (NA)     10 October 2010

i have been regular in my payments with SCB i have 4 months EMi due to SCB i have lost my job so unable to pay at this stage. the loan is getting over in dec 2010 this year. i got couple of calls from collection i told them my situation but still they continued calling me and then they stopped , and suddenly i have got a message on my cell that i need to be present in lok adalat and also received a letter which seemed from the court so i didnot accept . the bank has messed up with my loan account from the day one i got the personal loan , scb didnot sign the ECS mandate form due to which my bank rejected the ECS presented by them till such time they did the needful but in the process i ended up paying a lot of penalty to my existing bank and also to SCB as they kept charging me for all the penalties . now since my loan is on the verge of closure i wanted them to adjust the penalties that would amount to approx 10,000 /- in the last few emis but instead of me going legal they went legal . so in this senario what should i do i cannot pay any money at this stage but manage to pay just 1 instalment for the time being . what should i do please help .

ramesh (AM)     10 December 2013

Dear all,

Kindly suggested my case,

I took education loan on 2006. In every year some interest amount I paid in bank. Last month I went lok adalat in Canara bank. There proposal we are not compromised. I took amount of RS 215000% in education loan now my total amount is 430000%.After Lok adalat bank proposed rupees is  340000%. Can I go with lawyer to be compromised of branch manager? if possible to reduce the amount.

yuvaraj (clerk)     10 June 2015

in the year 2009 i took educational loan amount of 250000 for engineering studies from indian bank  .i completed my graduation in 2013 .since 2013 i didnt get a job till now .now i got selected in BOB as a clerk .my joining date is 1st july .i will pay my loan amount from july 1st onwards sir .but bank send notice to me to appear infront of  lok adalat for dispute .this will affecct my job ..during police verififcation no cases will there in my names right ?  police verififcation after july only sir .is will affect my job ? pls tell me sir .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register