LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niraj Saini (Senior Manger)     21 January 2010

Bank Settelement in LOK ADALAT

Yesterday I got a letter from my office reception that is from lok adalat for a bank loan settelment. Bank claimed Rs 32000 but the date they wanted me to appear was already gone i.e. I got this letter late by 25 days (Its my office reception guy's mistake). I did not receive any other legal notice yet.

I am Ready to pay the settelement amount but I am worried as the date is gone. This is the first time I am handling any legal thing.

Please help me and give me your suggestions that what I have to do now.

Learning

6 Replies

Dirgesh kumar sharma (Advocate)     22 January 2010

you can appear to consurn running court with notice and submeet application subject of I agree and accepeted this amount pay. pay this ammount and done.

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     22 January 2010

A case can be settled in lokadalat when a suit already instituted by the party in the court and other party present in court through summon and both party agreed the matter may be sent to lokadalat for settlement otherwise it ccan be contested in the court concern you dont worry if you have not given consent /request for the matter decided in lokadalat you should appear in the concern court on nest date fixed in the suit

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     22 January 2010

There are two types of Lok adalat settlements

Pre-litigation and Pending litigation

IN prelitigation case, before filing cases in courts, lok adalats are organised by the Banks with the help of legal service authority.

Please approach the bank and tell them that you have received summons belatedly and enquire them about next lok adalat. Else, you can negotiate with the bank about settlement and pay.

Non appearnce before lok adalat is no harm and there will be no problem to you.

Daksh (Student)     22 January 2010

Mr.Niraj Saini,

Go and settle it with your bank and take in writing that they will be withdrawing any case if pending adjudication.

Best regards

Daksh

Niraj Saini (Senior Manger)     27 January 2010

Thank you all for your valueable comments...it will definately help me.......

I spoke to the HSBC Debt. Manager about the letter from lok adalat and the issue about loan settelement. They want me to pay minimum Rs 46000 in single shot for full and final settelement..... I am not in the condition to pay that much......

On the other hand they are forcing me to take decision ASAP coz they are saying that my case will go in right off from next month.... i believe they will forward it to the court.....

I am confused what to do.....should i go to (Patiyala Court) Lok Adalat this sunday with previous notice asking for another date....will they give me another date or not......will they settle the account below 46000.....

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     27 January 2010

If you want to pay the loan ammount you should first to calculate the loan ammount plus interest if the ammount is just  and correct you can give consent/compromise for payment in installmens to the bank

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register