Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Are initial signs or Capital lettered signs legally valid?

I think,signature of a person is way to get his or her handwriting specimen.if someone is doing signs in initials,i think it will become very very difficult or some times impossible even for handwriting experts to identify the handwriting becase the person who has signed, has not provided the sufficient specimen of his handwriting.So I think the signs in initials should not be considered legal.what do you say?

And can I legally use any thing else as my signatures, like a small picture drawn by me in place of my name as my signatures?

For safety purpose should I use small signs or the longer ones?any website about this subject?

Are the sign done in capital letters of english valid legally? It is very easy to copy signs in capital letters and very difficult to 100% identify signs in capital letters as such signs can be done even drawing straight lines with a scale.what the law says?

I am always suspicious of the relibility of persons signing in initials and signing in capital letters. Should I be ?

Learning

2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 July 2010

What about thumb impression as a signature? is it not valid?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     02 July 2010

There is no prescribed format of a legally valid signature. A person can sign in any way he like.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register