Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh   11 February 2018

Are agreements made on stamp paper is valid?

We have done an agreement(100 rs stamp paper) on 8 months ago for a piece of land from my uncle after paid the amount but we are not still done the registration and it has been so long days since the agreement happened. 

nowadays feeling my uncle's behaviours are changing the way he used to be before the money provided to him.

now i am being afraid of whether the agreement will be valid if any problem comes in future before we complete the registration.

Thanks,

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 February 2018

No, not necessary. As per stamp Act every agreement should be executed on the proper stamp paper which should be in accordance with prevailing stamp duty payable on such agreement and every such agreement should be properly registered with concern sub registrar. If agreement is not on proper stamp then no person can claim any right under such agreement. 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     13 February 2018

All the property transaction documents needs to pay the stamp duty and registration. So please try to complete the transaction and pay stamp duty and register the document or you can take legal action against your uncle.

Shrijay Sheth   14 February 2018

Merely placing an agreement on the stamp paper is does not validate the Agreement. The appropriate execution of the same shall be required to validate the agreement. Validity of agreement includes both the payment of stamp duty and appropriate execution including the signatures by the parties included. Registration of the Agreement in certain cases is also mandatory.

Without delaying the registration of the Agreement, one shall look forward to get it registered with the Sub-Registrar by payment of appropriate fees and registration fees.

Get in touch with experts at LegalWiz.in for query relating to execution and registration of the Agreements at 89806 85509 or support@legalwiz.in. Visit us at www.legalwiz.in.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register