LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Shah   17 November 2015

Applicable stamp duty

My grandmother expired leaving a will,wherein my mother became the owner of a property and got her name in the share certificate of the property. my grandmother has one son(my father), & two daughters(my fathers sister).Two daughters & my father wants to relinquish all the property rights . They want to give this all property to my mother. I want to know whether this arrangement involves payment of Stamp Duty exceeding Rs.500 as per the Bombay Stamp Act? if not then what is the other way to save stamp duty and get my mother a lawful owner. The property is in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     18 November 2015

Hi,

I am really happy to read your querry... In today's world even brothers with blood relation fight on even a small piece of property and go to the court against each other.. husband wife fight on petty matters and expose each other before the public.. But as per your content mentioned..we can hope humanity is still there.

First of all it should be seen that which document or deed they are willing to execute. If it is a gift deed and within blood relations then in such case you can certainly save on the stamp duty.

Regards

Adv. Yogen Kakade, Pune
juryconincorporation@gmail.com
www.juryconn.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register