Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

innocent man (eeeeeeee)     11 December 2013

Applicability of sexual harassment of women act

Hello,

I neeed to know the applicability of SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE(PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL) ACT,2013 to company or any entity.

Is there any requirement of minimum no. of employees required to make this act applicable or is it applicable to all entities and organization? 

regards,

Gaurang

Learning

5 Replies

vishak (manager)     11 December 2013

It seems from the wording of section 6(1) that it is not mandatory for organisations having less than 10 workers, further clear in section 9.

Defination u/s 2(p) is also specifically given resulting that meaning.

Expert may please opine on the issue

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 December 2013

It is applicable to all establishments.

Sec: 6(1): “Internal Complaints Committee” may not necessarily be constituted ” in all such establishments where <10 workers are employed.

The Dist. Officer shall constitute” Local Complaints Committee” for all such establishments where <10 workers are employed, and also when the complaint is against the employer himself.

Sec:9(1): An aggrieved women can lodge complaint with “Internal Complaints Committee” if so formed or ” Local Complaints Committee”

vishak (manager)     11 December 2013

I meant that ICC is not required to be framed but act is applicable via LCC, in these small establishments.

E A MURUGAN (advocate)     12 December 2013

dear sir

please do inform whether you are having the certified standing order for your establishment under Industrial standing order act

by ea murugan

Mohit Soni   18 September 2018

Please let me know

For applicability of this act, Is it necessary to have women employee in organisation/establishment or This act is appicable irrespective of employing any Women employee.

TIA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register