Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANNADATE (xxx)     19 November 2011

Applicability of rti act

Knowledgeable lawyers may please inform me

whether the RTI Act is applicable to Deemed

Universities in India which are totally self-financed.

Judgments in this matter, if any, may also please

be quoted.  Thanks Please respond to :

ashokannadate@rediffmail.com

A. K. Annadate

Law Officer

Learning

5 Replies

Sadhu Ram Kusla (President)     25 November 2011

Sir I need recent judgement of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India regarding questions are not to be replied under RTI Act.

1 Like

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     12 December 2011

Deemed university without govt aid, is not come in purview  of the rti act.

subodhkumar (proprietor)     18 December 2011

please find out that deemed university which you are saying may have not got the direct aid from the govt., but it must have taken the government benefit in other way say the land on which is located or some other benefit you must find out by getting information from land records office/thasildar office/sdo/collector then your said deemed university will be applicable under rti act.

ANNADATE (xxx)     19 December 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response. No government financial assistance or aid of any type is received by the deemed university under reference. Pl inform me if there are any legal cases about applicability of RTI Act to self-financed deemed universities.

Thanks

A. K. Annadate

ashokannadate@rediffmail.com

subodhkumar (proprietor)     19 December 2011

apart from financial assistance any other mode of assistance will be enough for coming under rti act

you please find out because even to establish the deemed university it requires to fulfill cetain norms and cetain rules has to be followed by the management just because it is not getting finanacial aid what about other benefit like running education institute is exempt from paying income tax please check

subodhkumar. 

daxkumar_123@rediffmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register