LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja   17 June 2016

Appeal aginst undertaking

Hello sir, I am 40 yrs old male, i have filed divorce my wife filed DV, 125, 24 , 26. On very first day of date judge ask me to take undertaking of paying house rent 12000, 5000 each to my two kids and 10000 to my wife and educational expenses for the kids separately. i signed the paper my lawyer mislead me and did not warn me about undertaking. she again got maintenance in 24 n 26 at the tune of INR 50,000. i appealed in high court and high court order to pay 30,000 only. now his lawyer are playing that they want maintenace according to undertaking and not according to high court. its almost 1.5 yrs when undertaking happened. Right now my income is 90,000 per month. My question is can i appeal against this undertaking, i am suffering from mental depression not able to focus on my work. is there any provision in law where i can get relief. My lawyer has cheated me he is playing for opposition. I have decided to change lawyer. Please suggest... I am in great financial hardship

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Sir,

First thing you should do is hire an able counsel. The present lawyer seemed to have taken you in a deep mess. you may apply to the court to revise the maintenance.  . Anyways you may show that it is beyond your capacity to pay such  a huge amount. You may pray that you are ready to take care of your wife and kids.

Regards,
Rit Arora

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     18 June 2016

You focus on your work, call me for guidance, consultation through appointment only and professional fees payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register