LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikrantshah   25 February 2015

Apartment ownership

Me and My Borther have a land of close to 600 yards. Few years back we got division of land 50:50 thru properly registered agreement from goverment body wherein left part of land was owned by me and right part of land owned by my brother. A proper map was also submitted with registered copy of agreement diffrentiating the marked areas of lands between both of us.

Recently we decided to build one single apartment on 600 yard land and we built it in a way that Apartment has 2 blocks.

Block A having 3 flats is built on my part of land (left side) and other Block B having 3 flats is built on my brother's land (right side) but the Common area of staircase and lift section bisects both these parts. So the common apartment area of staricase, lobby and lift falls commonly on both of our parts.

We have this understanding that I can sell my block indepedently without need of approval of my brother and vice versa but still we got another agreement attested from Notary that writes clearly the Left Block flats belongs to me and Right Blocks belong to my brother and we can sell them without each others consent.

My question: In the presense of a properly registered land-ownership agreement, do we need to register this Notary Agreement for Apartment ownership and if yes how registery duty will be calculated that we will need to pay.

thanks

Vikrant

Learning

3 Replies

shrivaishnavmukund   26 February 2015

regarding you matter, 

Kindly let me know the area where you live, the local land law are applicable there on. 

regarding your matter, development rules might be different in city and in village. 

vikrantshah   27 February 2015

This Plot is in Jaipur, Rajasthan and falls under Jaipur Nagar Nigam

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     17 March 2015

Hii Vikrant

I understand that on 600 yards land, you own three flats and your brother owns three flats. Now if any of you wants to sell these flats, registration of each flat has to be done separately. When registration is done in these forms, common area is specifically mentioned in the registration deed. You need to check whether in your area, is it legal to get registrations in this manner. For further clarifications please write to me mittaljets@gmail.com. No charges for consultation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register