LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Kumar Singh (Self)     26 September 2012

Ancestral paternal property

We are six brothers, out of six brothers we are three and three cousins. My grand father died 20 years ago. In 2010 my uncle dies. But the Ancestral property is not divided till date. I always request my cousins to divide all property in two parts then I will request my father to divide into three parts so I can get my share. My cousins never say that thy will not divide but they are not dividing also. I stay 1000 KM far from my native place that is East Champaran in Bihar. What ever crops and income comes from property (Agricultural Land) one of my brother and my cousins divide into 50-50 but I don’t get any thing out of that. Once I forced my Cousins to divide property thy have created a partition agreement but thy have not mention proper boundary of lands all six brother and my father and uncle signed that document.

“We are dividing our parental property into two equal part with mutual consent in presence of our family members. No one has any claim or objection about the partition. In case of any property which is not included into the property list will be treated as undivided joint family property. That property will be divided in to two equal parts with mutual family consent. Details of the land given to both sharers are as follows.

No one has right to sale the above mentioned property until and unless they have got title from the Court / Lok Adalat and mutation from circle officer of the concern Anchal office. Both parties are agreed on above term and conditions. We have read/heared and agreed on above mentioned land partition matters /conditions “

One of my cousins says (who is lawyer also) that this partition paper is not appropriate and is not legally valid. When I visit my native place I request my cousins to divide property they show that they are busy no they don’t have time.

Sir Now I want to know that:

1. Can I fill partition suit against my cousins?

2. Can law permits to stop cropping on that land till partition so that they will be forced to do partition.

3. How family court intervene into this matter and what will be time frame?.

4. Any other idea which you want to suggest?.

5. Should I sale my share of few land without partitions

Regards

Manish

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     27 September 2012

dear querist,

answers of your queries are as follows-

1.yes you can file partion suit against your cousins as well as you have to make your brothers also a performa party .

2.yes,you can seek injuction from the court and stop them croping those field but i advise not to go for injunction /stay to stop them from cropping but to file a suit for  share in profit gained by them by cultivation/selling the crop.\

3.this matter will run in revenue/civil court and time frame will be  depending upon the burden of the court.

4.file suit for partion and possession alongwith suit for recovery of share in profil gained by them by cultivating the land with interest .

5.if you will sale your share in the property ,you will not get proper value and its not possible also as you are also not in posession of your share and your share is also not defined/demarcation of your share will happen after the partion.

feel free to call if you have left any query or for detai;ed guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register