Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjesh (PGDBO)     20 March 2013

Ancestor property

Dear All,

My grandpa has 10 acreas of land and a big house.    This propery was gifted by Grandpa's father in law to Grandpa.

My Grandpa expired without any legal agreement.  This land is in AP.

My Grandpa has four sons and two daughters.

2nd son is my dad and today they said they will give money for the house share and later part they will divide the 10 acreas of land.

Now they are asking to go to register iffice and sign the agreement that we dont have any share in the house and the same wll be registered among themselves.

So my question is should we do all at at a time both house and the agricluture land ( 10 acreas) sharing or its ok to take the money for house and let them reigister the house among themselves.

My doubt is what if they tell even u dont have rights in later part.

What documents  is to be filled for telling only house has been shared and we have sold that property.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     20 March 2013

I think when they give your share of money in the house, they may ask you to sign relinquishment deed... However let other expert Advocates also give their views..

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 March 2013

yes. Relinquishment deed  to be signed. It means Any one wanting to execute or seek a Relinquishment Deed to succeed or release his share in a property in India, whether residential, commercial or agricultural in the presence of other legal heirs may use this document to complete the formality

Manjesh (PGDBO)     20 March 2013

Sir, if we are signing this deed then it doesnt mean that we dont have any right in property right. Because they are telling the property will be shared later after survey and since we require some money because my dad is having some debt so they are telling we will give you house share.

So is it safe to sign Relinquishment deed because tomorrow they should not tell again you dont have rights in the undivided land.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     21 March 2013

If you sign the deed, you have relinquished your right on the property described in the deed... Please consult your local advocate and take his opinion on the entire issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register