LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Optimist (Engineer)     03 November 2012

Ancesterial property and kul kayada

My grandfather's parent lived in Khangaon (taluka Junnar, Dist Pune) during the 1950s. My grandfather got a job in Railways and due to transfer moved to Vidarbha.

My grandfather's parents had property at Khangaon. My grandfather's uncle was looking after it. Then he gave it to one family for harvesting. Not much is clear whether it was sold or whether it went under kul kayada.

We were interested in knowing what happened to our "ancestorial land" in such a historic place (it is only few kilometers from the Fort Shivneri where Chatrapati Shivaji Raje was born). My mother tried to get the documents from the Junnar Tehsil. She got a few documents.

The land's ownership goes a few generations in the family and the status of some of the land is unknown from the documents.

We tried to send an RTI request to the Junnar Tehsil and never heard anything back from them. What could we do to find out information about

1. Who is still owner of all the surveys listed in the documents

2. How to get the official documents

3. Is it possible to reacquire (even if it means paying the owner some money) some piece of the land.

We can send the documents we already acquired if someone can help us with their services.

Regards

Optimist

Learning

3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     03 November 2012

dear querist ,

you can obtain the land documents from revenue offices and if they failed to provide them from rti then you can go to the rti commsion against them, it is difficult to acquire transfered property again by repaying money hoever i am of the opinion that your land is transfered to some elese who was cultivating the land through adverse posession , but nothing can be said without seeing the documents so send copy of your obtained documents only in HINDI/english to us on advocate_anish@imap.cc or call me for postal detail

1 Like

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     05 November 2012

Dear Mr. Optimist,

The land records are a public document and you can obtain them by paying requisite charges and applying in proper format to the relvant authorities. You may have to visit the local authorities' offices or you can employ some locan person to do it on your behalf.

It appears that you have not checked on the status of land for many years and hence your right to appeal may have lapsed due to limitation.  If you wish to get land by paying money then why not buy from someone else?

S Jadhav

1 Like

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     16 January 2013

Title search can be done.If the the land was sold by way of sale deed there will be index 2 in ferfar register at the same time one can find out copy of sale deed at sub registrars office.If the title is transferred by 32 g of kul kayda there will be all exhibits in Tahashil office.In case of adverse possession there will lot of documentation with circle officer should be created.In any case you will get the documents.pl call for details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register