Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil kumar (consultant)     26 July 2012

Ancester's property despute

Dear sir,

My father's grandmother write a (bakshish nama) on my father's name not in my grand father's name. According to (Bakshish nama) property is on fathers name and my grandfather was only the care taker of that property.  Now my father's grandmother and my grandfather is no more. All the legal documents of property, land is on my father's name.

Now we are three brothers I am elder son, my father is a government employee and I am also working but my two younger brother is doing nothing. I suggested my father that sale some part of property and establish them some business. but my father told me that property is on my name and you cannot do any thing I would not give property to you and other sons. Now my father is selling property plots one by one, why is selling and where the money is going nobody can ask from my father.

After a internal family despute my father agreed to divide the property into 4 parts 1 part for him and 3 parts for their sons. Six months before, he given in writing on stamp paper with proper notery procedures.

But now today is saying that I will cancel that stamp paper. And I will not give a single plot to any of son.

Please tell can he cancel the stamp paper?

What should I do to get the property? My father will not give the property by their on wish at any cost.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 July 2012

Legally speaking, you cannot do anything to get the property as it is the seperate self acquired property of your father. It is not an ancestral property, plz do not confuse yourself with that term. You and your siblings have no share in it till your father is alive. A  merely notorized document does not transfer any rights in an immovable property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register