Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (In search of job)     25 September 2010

Am I within the rules to for second appeal?

Dear members,

I am facing tough time to get the information from Madurai kamraj university about my wife's MBA graduation details.

(1) On 12-03-2010, I filed RTI application to PIO, madurai kamraj university, affixing postal order for Rs. 50, for cost of RTI application and the copying charges and speed post charges if any.

(2) On 23-03-2010, I got reply from PIO, stating that the information sought is third party/other party, also said under RTI act only Rs. 10 is accepted, and directed me to send the Rs. 10 postal order.

(3) On 31-03-2010, I appealed to FAA, madurai kamraj university, also affixing Rs. 10 postal order as asked by PIO, earlier.

(4) On 08-04-2010, I received a letter from PIO, returning my Rs.50 postal order, but no information supplied with this letter. I waited for the information as the time period is not exhausted to go for second appeal.

(5) On 06-05-2010, I received a letter from "the director", stating that the name of the candiate (wife) and the hall ticket no. not matching and asked me if I have the xerox copy of the admission card for further action at his end.

(6) On 31-05-2010, I sent a letter to "The Director", telling him that I don't have the xerox copy of the admission card, but he can search for the info requested with other information provided by me like (DOB, address, father's name, year of admission).

(7) On 17-09-2010, I received a letter from "The director", stating that DOB, address and year of admission not matching and hence can't provide the information. But he didn't say about the father's name matching.

My question is whether can I go for the second appeal or did I deviate from the timelines if any as per the RTI act. Learned members, please advise me how to go about this?

-Naresh 

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Dear friend, I like to give my opinion here to help you but it is a site of Lawyers/Advocates and so they can only give their EXPERT ADVICE here.  If I encroach into their profession it may cause ban of my account here.  

So, no way out but you have to wait for response from EXPERT LAWYERS of LCI, till than wait for justice since in our democratic country nothing will be done without agents. 

SO SORRY.

(Guest)

Oh still no expert lawyer turned up toward..

Ok, I am sending you my opinion in PM to avoid any complexity in expert lawyers.

Please check your PM box.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register