LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhushan   01 August 2019

Agreement of leave and licence through poa

I am the owner of a 1 BHK flat in Thane, Mumbai. I wish to give the said flat on rent. since i have not found any tenant yet, and since i am scheduled to go out of India for a period of 4-5 months, i wish to be guided on the following : 1) can i give a power of attorney to my wife w.r.t to said flat ONLY to the extent that she can sign on my behalf on leave & licence or rental agreements ?

2) Please share draft agreement for leave and licence signed through POA

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 August 2019

Yes, Leave and license agreement can be executed through POA. The POA document should be on a 500/-Rs. stamp paper and should be adjudicated. For draft of Leave and license agreement you may contact a local advocate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 August 2019

Yes.You can give POA to your wife. If you want to allow someone else to enter into agreements on your behalf, you can grant that person a power of attorney. Powers of attorney can only be given through writing, but they can include the right to enter into rental agreements on the grantor's behalf. Power of attorney laws are state specific, so talk to a lawyer in your state for advice about how to use a power of attorney in your state.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 August 2019

Power of Attorney are of two types. One is general power of attorney and the other is specific power of attorney. You can give power of attorney to your wife or anyone else as you may wish for giving the house on rent only. What about periodic collection of rent and dealings with your tenant after the house is given on rent? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register