Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muniraj123 (as)     12 June 2014

Agreement for land

Hi All,

I am buying a land in Karnataka and going for 4month agreement. In order to write the Agreement of 800000/-, what value of stamp paper needs to be used?  Is it necessary that it needs to be notarized and/or register in sub register office?

I believe firstly the ordinary stamper will be typed with details and after signature by both the parties it needs to be taken to sub register or notary to make it valuable or something, please correct me?.

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 June 2014

Purchase of Stamp paper: The value of the property is determined. Stamp duty, transfer duty, registration fee and other fees are calculated. The citizen purchases stamp paper from the notary or treasurer.

Document writing: Preparation of the legal registration document by document writers

Naveen Kumar (service)     12 June 2014

For 8 lakhs, stamp duty payable is of Rs.800.  Draft sale agreement on 2 rupees stamp/bond paper, get it franked for Rs.800 at jurisdictional sub-registrar office.  Another option is you can register the sale agreement in sub-registrar office.  If you register the deed, at the time of registration of sale deed you can deduct this amount from stamp duty.  Ask your advocate to draft the sale agreement according to your terms and conditions.  Deed writers just write as per their own idea, just like typist do.  

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 June 2014

It would be better to get the agreement to sell registered with SR, find out stamp duty locally as it differs from state to state even than it is based on the consideration value of property.

Muniraj123 (as)     13 June 2014

Thanks to Naveen ji, Vashista ji and Ramachariji for your valuable feed back. Appriciate  all your help

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 June 2014

Welcome

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2014

I agree to the views expressed by Mr. Naveen.  It is you who has to decide about getting the sale agreement registered or not because the status of vendor will be known only to you.  In my opinion, you may go for registered sale agreement so that any problem in future in this regard can be tackled legally.  Better consult a local advocate and get your sale agreement drafted and then you get it registered yourself.

Muniraj123 (as)     14 June 2014

Hi Kalai Sir,

Thanks for your feedback. I know it is me only to decide about getting the sale agreement registered or not. But ALl i wanted to know is;

1. For 4months agreement. In order to write the Agreement of 800000/-, what value of stamp paper needs to be used

2. Which option is more powerfull in terms of Legal 1. Franking of agreement? Notary? or Registered agreement? 

Naveen Kumar (service)     18 June 2014

Muniraj, read the answers again, I just cant understand why people don't believe others words even though there is correct answer for their queries.  Learned senior advocates have advised properly, still if you are in doubt visit lawyer/sub-registrar office.  that's very simple.      

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register