LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavesh Kothari (Partner)     21 August 2014

Affidavit for cancellation of rto noc

I had obtained an NOC from RTO at Andheri, Mumbai in favor of RTO, Kolkata as I was taking my car to Kolkata. However, I did not get my vehicle registered at Kolkata RTO because my job was transferable. Later, I was transferred to Bangalore and then back to Mumbai. As per RTO rules, I need to get the NOC issued by Mumbai RTO cancelled for which one of the documents required is an affidavit from the owner of the vehicle stating that he has not mis-used the vehicle and the NOC from the period of obtaining the NOC. Though RTO Maharashtra RTO's web portal has required this document, there is no format available. Request a suitably worded format for the affidavit as required by Mumbai RTO.

Learning

3 Replies

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     22 August 2014

You can give a general affidavit with the above wordings - 'I have not misused the vehicle during the NOC period from date ... (date of obtaining NOC) till ... (date of Affidavit).' Add the verification as per the standard format in any affidavit.

The format should be available with the affidavit preparers outside the RTO office, but they usually try to fleece the applicants.

ashok (computer professional)     24 August 2014

Sir i want to know as general that what is the validity of 100 & 10 Rs. Stamp Paper Non-Judicial whcih is signature & attested by notary. I need experts answers in this regard.

Sumit (Engg)     25 May 2015

Hello Sir, I took the NOC of my bike from bangalore to Delhi. But I never took the bike to Delhi. The NOC got expired. I still have the original NOC with me. Now After four years I sold the bike in bangalore, but for transfer of ownership the bangalore RTO is asking me to get a letter from Delhi RTO which mentions that my bike was not registered in Delhi. I checked with RTO New Delhi and they are not ready to give any such letter. Moreover Delhi RTO is saying that if the bike was registered in Delhi then I would have to submit form 28(NOC) to RTO. Since I have the NOC still with me it implies that the bike was never registered anywhere. Kindly help me out in this matter. Regards, Sumit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register