LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil sharma (Manager)     09 June 2014

Affedevit format for live in relationship affe

pls help me by providing the affidavit format for cohabitation or live in relationship.

pls also share the full legal process to live with a partner legaly in India.

pls reply

Learning

5 Replies

sunil sharma (Manager)     09 June 2014

but as per supreme court statement it is legel in india..

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Live-in-or-marriage-like-relationship-neither-a-crime-nor-a-sin-Supreme-Court/articleshow/26537308.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/No-illegality-in-live-in-relationship-between-majors-SC/articleshow/5717028.cms

The Supreme Court said: "No doubt because of this view many women who have had live-in relationship would be excluded from the benefit of the provisions the protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005, which talks about relationship in the nature of marriage."

A bench comprising Justices Markandey Katju and T S Thakur said that in order to get maintenance, a woman, even if not married, has to fulfil the following four requirements:

(1) The couple must hold themselves out to society as being akin to spouses
(2) They must be of legal age to marry
(3) They must be otherwise qualified to enter into a legal marriage including being unmarried
(4) They must have voluntarily cohabited and held themselves out to the world as being akin to spouses for a significant period of time.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 June 2014

Formats were not provided in this forum .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2014

What is your query?, do you want to live with somebody of your choice without marrying?, go live, who stops you?, or whether you want the other party to give an assurance to you that no defection or changing the partner in the near future for atleast one year or more?  I don't understand that what is going wrong that people are coming out with such absurd questions to this forum (?)

1 Like

sunil sharma (Manager)     13 June 2014

I want an assurance that nobody could object legally to live me with the other party on the same roof.

Shilpa   06 March 2020

I want to live with my bf under same roof is there is any official or legal document is available which help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register