LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naga Balaji (Law Student.)     02 June 2010

Advocates are Social Engineers

Advoactes are considered as social engineers. But practically this opinion is not always true in criminal practice.  Now-a-days the strenght of thos proffesionalist involved in this profession is just being measure on the success rate of the advocates involved in this case.  Practically there are large number of advocates who are practicing as criminal advocates who are least bothered about ethics, morality or social objective of the profession. For all those person the profession remains just a money making business.

For instance if there is a murder case, the criminal advocate appearing for the accused are not bothered about the social cause and they use all their legal skills just for making the accused free from the punishment.  Practically most of  the criminal advocates know that accused had actually done the crime or not. Even though they know that the accused had done the crime they are putting all their effort to save the criminal (technically the so called accused)

Then how could advocate save the value of the proffesion and pridely say we are Social Engineers.

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 June 2010

Sir, it was the great " American Leader of Sociological jurisprudence" Roscoe Pound, who says that the task of law is Social engineering, and it include both the Advocate, Judge and the Public. Yes, it is the advocates who pleads in the Court, but it is the wisdom and the whims and caprice of the Judge from whom the final verdict flows and  the Judgment is delivered. Sir, what you stated is true and required drastic measures to eliminate such systems in this noble profession.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 June 2010

We have to protect our client interest, eventhough we know the truth of the client, it is our bounded to protect him.  We do our duty.  To pass an order is not in our hands just we put our defense then eveything is left to judge.

Daksh (Student)     03 June 2010

Dear All,

For professional reasons it is good for a lawyer to be objective in his/her approach otherwise God forbid..........................!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Daksh

Naga Balaji (Law Student.)     03 June 2010

Sir,

Thank you for your reply. I am not an advocate, I am a law student. I do not know the practical difficulties involved in the profession. As a lay person to this profession, I had chosen the profession with the objective that I will fight for the social cause and do the profession in the light of the morality and standard ethics (not mere Professional ethics).

I had done my B.E Mechanical engineering and worked with Essar Steel Ltd., for three years. There was a deep desire from my school days that I should choose this legal profession thinking that I could fight for the social justice. Many advised me not to choose this profession because In these days it is very difficult to fight for justice in this profession. I Ignored all those negative advice and chosen this profession with the great pride that I will fight for the justice.

There are many students who had chosen this profession with the deep desire they should contribute nobly to the society.

Can u advice those students what steps they should take to achieve their deep desire.  

niranjan (civil practice)     04 June 2010

One thing I have understood that you cannot mend others,but at the same time ,that should  not be your excuse, tobe dishonest. .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register