LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekhar Gupta   13 October 2018

Advocate threated me when he was drunk

I have filed divorce case under Hindu Marriage Act.  Case is going on since past 6 years.  I want to settle the matter and hence asked my advocate to talk to the opposite party advocate for settlement.

He told he will talk and called us to court complex.  That day there was no date but we went, he had called the opposite party advocate, both spoke for few  minutes and then he came back and told us to wait inside family court.  I had gone along with my father.  I had met with a horrible accident during this time and am crippled.  I was just out of the hospital 1 week earlier to this and could not stand, such was my plight.

So we went to sit inside family court.  The court was not in session and it was empty.  We were waiting inside the family court for our advocate to come back to us, at that point the opposite party advocates junior came and threatened me to kill me.

He was drunk and at this juncture our advocate saw this and came to rescue.

I feel that the opposite party advocates junior is having some connection with my wife.

And my divorce case cross examination is on next date.  What action can I take against this advocate.  Can Bar Council of India help me in this regard?  Can I tell this to the family court judge?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     13 October 2018

In case you have evidence of the said incident then something can be done, otherwise bare allegation will not help.

Shekhar Gupta   13 October 2018

What evidence is needed other than myself and my father and my advocate who are witness to this?

Shekhar Gupta   14 October 2018

Can anybody reply? Please

Cant this advocate be not punished? He will go away scottfree?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register