Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand   05 August 2016

Advise on assets

Respected Sir,

I need advise on maintenance of assets. I am working  as head of admin section in one of public sector unit, connected with telecommunication. I am reporting to Deputy General Manager. Apart from myself, my other peers are head of technical and works. While taking the charge of admin section, in the year 2012, my predecessor had not made over any assets and office documents to me, which was mandatory on his part.  Now, I am being asked to sign as custodian of assets which are not made over to me. My request is how can sign on assets whcih are not made over me and whose physical location is not to me. Now, I am being pressurised to sign for this. Please guide me.

With regards

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     05 August 2016

You can request to your predecesor to get sign the record to hand over it to you. Once he sign it you can proceed accordingly without his signature don't sign that document other wise you would be in trouble.

If u like my appreciation then give THANKS on my LCI profile.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 August 2016

Whose responsibility is handover from exiting employee?

There should be a proper mecahnism, escalation, appeal system and association/union in your office.

Explain your view point.

Remain gentle and amiable.

Transact under proper acknowledgment.

If you smell any foul play let the authority assigned for handover collect, sign handover and then handover to you.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 August 2016

Nothing to be addded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register