Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Somnath Banerjee   09 July 2015

Advise needed, what to do with a harassing wife?

Hello,

I am based in USA on a H1B visa and my wife is in India with our 3 year old daughter. We have been living separate for about 1 year. We had a very rocky marriage and dont get along well.

She keeps on sending me emails about what things i did wrong and how i abused her physically. Most of them are allegations and not true. I have been keeping quiet since i lose my peace of mind whenever i have to reply to her.

I have been told that a divorce can be filed if a couple lives separately for 2 years. Is this true?

Also, should i reply to her nasty emails or is it better to keep silent? I would like to take a divorce because we dont go along together at all. From a legal point of view is it better to refute her emails or be silent until the end of 2 years?

Thanks for listening me out.

Somnath

Learning

4 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     09 July 2015

you can file divorce case after one year of marriage.

better to keep quiet and not reply to the mails. just send one mail refuting all her allegations and keep quiet. thats it.

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     09 July 2015

be careful while replying or take professional help to reply to the emails, if at all you reply. 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 July 2015

You are under wrong impression that after two years of separation, automatically Indian Courts grant divorce to the coouples.  There are certain material facts to be proved to get such relief.  There is a thing, which is called mutual consent divorce, if you both agree to get divorce.  Engage an advocate and understand how to get divorce in the facts of your case.

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     09 July 2015

you can flie divoce suit after one year of marriage . for which you should consult a legal professional do not lose your pasence and keep quit and reply your wife's email with help of a professional for refut all her allegations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register