LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nishika   11 October 2017

Advice on handling domestic violence

Respected Sir's, Thanks for all the advise. As i mentioned in my previous query can you please advise if there is there any precautionary measures that my brother in law could take before my sister would take support from the Law against domestic violence. Hope they stay happy but in worst case if she can't take it any more and before her is there something my brother in law would do to safe guard himself? Why I'm asking is, my brother in law already is in talks with the lawyers but our family is still thinking if we should also opt for lawyer help. Thanks!!

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     11 October 2017

He would most likely harass her to such extent or do any such other thing that would compel your sister to leave the house.  Therefore, it is advisable that your sister stays put in the house no matter what. 

KS Johal   12 October 2017

Your sister needs to take the support of the law especially when domestic violence is involved. I am sure you must have tried mediation trying to evade the use of the law, but when the system gets out of hand you need to use the law in your favour to stop this physical and mental torture, that often happens when things get out of control. Not using the law to control or stop domestic violence would be a silly and a shameful thing is not doing so. What is the point of living with someone who is beating their partner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register