LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (NA)     13 July 2014

Advice on call from caw cell

My younger brother got married few years ago but he never accepted the marriage as it was due to family compulsion and after marriage he never stayed with his wife for a single day.

He is currently living in Australia and my sister in law is living with her parents in India.

Recently my father received a call from a lady from CAW cell saying that his daughter in law made a complaint so he needs to meet them.My father asked her why he should attend for issues between his son and daughter in law and for this she replied that still they need to talk with my parents.

Please advice what me as a elder brother and my parents should do before going to CAW cell and what all precautions we should take.

Should he really go to CAW cell only on such telephonic call or ask them to send a written request ?

Neither me nor my parents have any contacts with my brother, in this situation what we can do?

Learning

10 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2014

First of all be clear:-

• Girls side is not wrong as per facts given by you.
  • your father has already show arrogance to CAW (as per facts given by you.

You are yourself depriving yourself of the opportuinity to know what are the allegations and want advise from this forum

(Guest)

First of all send my congratulations to your younger brother as he had successfully  spoiled a perfect good marriage and tarnish the image of the girl. If your brother was not interested in marriage then he should have stand up for that. Now for whatever reasons he is married then why both of them are living apart and your brother hadn't lived with her for even a " single day".  And no you need no " precautions" in visiting CAW to find out what complaint have been made. I am guessing she must have filed for cruelty against your brother for not-consumating of marriage and should have been asking for divorce. Your brother has commit a crime and so all of you by keeping quite probably in this matter. And what exactly you mean none of you having any contacts with your brother? Has he deserted the whole family?

yousaid

"Neither me nor my parents have any contacts with my brother, in this situation what we can do?"

you may be having or may not be having contact with brother but his misdeeds will contact you. why do not you go to CAW and tell everyone that you are no more concerned after helping him to spoil life of  innosent girl.

Pankaj (NA)     13 July 2014

@Sudhir

How did we spoil the life of the girl and why its always mans family blamed for things which the man did mistake.The woman also should know before marriage and they have time to know each other but they still got married.

In what way my father showed arrogance to CAW? In what way he is responsible to make a adult man and woman sleep with each other when they don't want to.

Yes my brother does not contact us anymore and he does not care and we are ready to help the girl and cooperate with the CAW cell in all ways but i am only afraid that when they cannot reach my brother they blackmail us as a pressure tactics but unfortunately my brother don' care for us and he will even not return to India.

Please let us know what we should do

(Guest)

You got to be kidding me Pankaj. How on earth would in arrange marriage a girl would know that the man is marrying under a pressure or not. And all of you participate in that. If you knew this then why didn't you step up and did something about it. Your brother is such a coward and you supported him. All of you spoiled the life of the girl. Even if she gets a divorce what would be the outcome. Your brother is enjoying in Australia his scum life. You and your family don't have anything to do with this and the girls life is ruined, specially in India where being divorced is still a large taboo in conservative states. 

And for your second query then no you and your family is safe and they cannot blackmail you. At the most wife can file cruelity and dowry harassment including all of your names then only you will be in some trouble but untill your smart  brother returns to India you can breath a bit easily. 

Agreed with Mr Deepak Saxena. 

Yes it is boy family who is to blame :-

• they forced marraige upon their son when he did not like thegirl
  • such marraige is posible only this fact is hidden from girl's parent.
  • they did nothing when their son deserted her
  • now when there is a complaint in CAW they are feigning that they have no contact with son.
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2014

If  your father has been summoned to CAW cell by that police, immediately consult and take the help of local lawyer, call on the police accompanied by the said lawyer, if you apprehend the possibility of remand by the police, immediately walk out of the police station and take an anticipatory bail and after that attend the inquiry session.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2014

you asked

"In what way my father showed arrogance to CAW? In what way he is responsible to make a adult man and woman sleep with each other when they don't want to."

you yourself said earlier

"My father asked her why he should attend for issues between his son and daughter in law"

what else do you think the arrogance is.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2014

further let your law knowing father be ware that if the victim of his folly has made a complaint of dowry demand and he has been named (true/false) then it is not a case between husband and wife and the matter is between him and the law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register