Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     05 May 2010

Advice needed in Purchasing a Flat

I am trying to buy a flat in Jaipur.

The process of purchasing the flat is unfortunately proceeding at snail’s pace.

This is largely due the seller’s father being uncooperative and trying to dictate terms.

Also, both the broker & seller’s father have resorted to lies, and distortion of facts and truths.

One of the items remaining from their end is

-  Statutory Clearances & NOCs pertaining to the flat & the complex/building in general.

The seller’s father  had said that there was a loan from Bank of Baroda against the flat in question.

We had therefore requested the seller’s father to furnish some proof/evidence that a loan had indeed been granted against this flat.

He has provided us with a No Dues Letter from the bank. This letter does mentions the name of the seller and the loan account,  but not the flat/property against which the loan was given.

The seller’s father has said that in spite of his request, the bank declined from specifying the property against which the loan was given.

Is there any way, from the bank or otherwise to verify that the loan had been given against the flat in question ?

We are in the final stages. Lies and lack of cooperation from the seller’s side have left me wondering of the risk involved in the cost of lawyers fees and the substantial Stamp Duty (on Rs. 18 lacs).

Any advice on how to reduce my risk, would be greatly appreciated.

Ravi Banthia

(B. Tech. IIT Kgp)

Jaipur

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     05 May 2010

If the vendor is unco-operative and you have not paid any advance rescind the agreement.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 May 2010

Donot touch it with a barge pole. They are cheats if they are not forthright.

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     11 May 2010

Thank you, Vishal ji and Agarwal ji.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register